Here are 5 simple tips that will help make a world of difference with your podcast.
1) Get to the point! Attention spans are shorter than ever. Hook listeners right away, don’t allow your podcast to start with 2 minutes of “Hello, how are you doing today?” or other unimportant chit chat.
2) Further to the previous tip, start your podcast with a teaser! Either voice your own 30-second clip telling listeners what’s coming up this show, or clip a piece from the actual podcast and use that as the preview. This will help keep listeners tuned in as they’ll know something they want to hear is coming up.
3) Ensure your recording quality is the best it can be. You don’t have to spend a fortune to get decent sounding recordings these days. Better audio quality encourages listeners to stick around longer and gives your podcast that professional edge.
4) Have a professional voice talent on your intro / outro. This doesn’t have to be expensive and is a simple way to increase your production value dramatically.
5) Keep a consistent schedule! Choose when you’ll release episodes and aim to stick to it. Releasing 4 episodes one week and then going silent for a month is a sure way to decrease your audience potential. Fans of your podcast will look forward to new episodes, don’t let them down!
East Coast Radio Creative can help with all of the above, and more! Whether you’re an established podcaster or just starting out, we can work with you to ensure great results. See more on our Podcasting page.